My Guide Website?
Ferry Transfer to Sainte Marguerite Island from Nice168 Reviews
Catch the ferry to Sainte Marguerite Island from Nice, and spend the day in a scenic landscape where nature and culture are in harmony. Be captivated by the fragrance of pine and eucalyptus trees, and make use of the island’s leisure activities.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in French Riviera:If youʻre booking your trip to French Riviera last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Transfer by ferry from Nice to the Île Sainte-Marguerite
- See the crystal clear waters of the French Riviera
- Walk under the shade of pine and eucalyptus trees
- Discover the fortress prison where the 'Man in the Iron Mask' was incarcerated
- Follow the marked trails of a botanical tour
DescriptionExplore Sainte Marguerite Island with a round-trip ferry transfer from Nice. Choose from multiple departure dates to suit your own schedule. Located about a half-mile off shore from the French Riviera town of Cannes, the le Sainte-Marguerite is famous for its fortress prison (Fort Royal) in which the so-called “Man in the Iron Mask” was held in the 17th century. The ferries depart every day at 09:00 and return at 18:00, with a crossing time of around 1 hour. Once on the island, you can follow the marked trails that take you on a botanical and historical tour. Stroll by the Batéguier pond to see numerous species of migratory birds. Go to Point de la Convention to find unique plant species. Continue to the Fort Royal and explore the mysteries of the masked man. Pay a visit to the Maritime Museum sheltered within a fortified enclosure. Get an insight into the area's history and see items recovered from ancient Roman and Saracen shipwrecks. Schedule: 09:00: Departure from Nice 10:00 – 18:00: Stop on Sainte-Marguerite 19:00: Arrival in Nice
IncludesRoundtrip ferry transfer from Nice to Sainte Marguerite Island
- • Please arrive at the ticket office with your voucher at least 30 minutes before departure • From 24 May to 03 July crossings are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. From 5 July through 31 August, they are every day except Mondays. From 1 September until 2 October, they are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays