My Guide Website?
Nice: Gorges of Verdon and Fields of Lavender Tour1267 Reviews BEST SELLER
Visit the Verdon Gorge and explore the villages of Castellane and Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, one of the most beautiful villages of France.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in French Riviera:If youʻre booking your trip to French Riviera last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the gorges of the Verdon, known to be the great canyons of Europe
- Photograph purple lavender fields with the snowy Alps in the background
- Visit the charming medieval village of Moustiers-Sainte-Marie for lunch
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Verdon, its deep gorges and turquoise waters
DescriptionDiscover France’s most scenic landscapes on a full-day trip to Castellane, Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, and the Verdon Gorge from Nice. See the iconic Lavender Fields and learn about these picturesque locations from your guide. Be picked up from your hotel or home address in Nice. Depart with your driver to the hills of your countryside destination. Cross the 'gorge of the wolf', complete with its 40-meter-high waterfall, before stopping at Castellane. Whilst traveling along the Verdon (named for its astonishing turquoise green color), enjoy spectacular views of the 700-meter-deep canyon. Afterward, move on to the village of Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, nestled under a rocky cliff and surrounded by mountains from all sides. Known for its rich history in ceramic craftsmanship, you will have free time here to explore Moustiers at your leisure. Discover the earthenware in the stores, and buy souvenirs before lunch in one of the terrace cafes. Photograph the world-famous lavender platters, or enjoy the lake of St. Croix, an artificial treasure of clear water that is one of the most beautiful lakes of Provence. Then, marvel at the endless lavender fields at the foot of the Alps and stop to take unique and memorable pictures with this impressive backdrop. Stop to smell the light and enchanting lavender aroma surrounding you as you do. After enjoying your trip, return to your vehicle at which point you will be driven back to your point of origin in Nice. Nb: Lavender season runs from approximately mid-June to mid-August.
IncludesTransfer from and to your hotel or private address in Nice Driver/bilingual-guide Shared or private tour (depending on option selected)
- The lavender fields are seasonal (May 15 - July 15) If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour is subject to rescheduling or cancellation. The tour is also subject to cancellation in the event of logistical issues outside the activity provider's control or sick staff. Please have a secondary time slot ready the next day if possible. Thank you for your understanding.