My Guide Website?
Nice: Old Town Treasures and Castle Hill Walking Tour33 Reviews
Discover the highlights of Vieux Nice (Old Town) on a 3-hour walking tour with a local guide. Explore a labyrinth of colorful streets, and learn its history from its Greek origins. See the houses of local nobles, and enjoy panoramic views from Castle Hill
- Stroll the labyrinth of small streets in Vieux Nice (Nice Old Town)
- Enjoy a local food tasting on Castle Hill
- Get panoramic views of the city and harbor from the old city fortifications
- See the beautiful fountain at the Colline du Chateau
- Learn the history of Nice, from its Greek origins to its glamorous status today
- Leave with useful tips on how to enjoy the rest of your stay in Nice
DescriptionGet a local’s perspective of Vieux Nice on an informative 3-hour walking tour of Nice Old Town and Castle Hill. Meet your guide on the seafront, next to the stairs and elevator up to Castle Hill. Listen to an introduction to the history of the most Italian-style French city, starting with its Greek foundations, through its time as a dominion of Savoy to the modern day. Learn about the influence of the English and Russian aristocracy, discover how it got its name, and more. Then, enter the Old Town through a gate built during the reign of one of the last Italian governors. See the old houses of the local nobility, and marvel at baroque churches and monuments. Go to one of the most famous markets in Nice, and breathe in the aromas of the produce on sale. Explore a honeycomb of tiny streets, learning the history of each square, street name, and design. Next, ascend to the top of Castle Hill passing through some of the quietest areas of Vieux Nice. Walk through a forest to the old cemeteries with their panoramic views of the city and harbor. Admire the ruins of the old fortifications, and see the majestic waterfall on the Colline du Chateau. Tuck into a Provençal picnic in the castle gardens, and enjoy a platter of the best local food. Get useful advice and tips on how to spend the rest of your time in Nice from your knowledgeable guide.
IncludesGuide Local food tasting
- Please note that if you would like to visit the inside of churches you must dress appropriately (no flip flops, t-shirts, or swim wear)