My Guide Website?
Nice: Old Town Treasures Walking Tour280 Reviews
Live the history of Nice on a guided walking tour in the medieval old town known as Vieux-Nice. Learn about the city’s history from its Greek origins through the days of Italian governors.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in French Riviera:If youʻre booking your trip to French Riviera last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Nice: 7 Hills Electric Bike Tour with Local Guide
- Nice Airport: Private Transfer to/from Menton
- Discover Nice: 1-Hour Guided Segway tour
- Saint-Tropez: Kayak Experience in Ramatuelle Reserve
- The Italian Riviera: Full-Day Tour from Nice
- Learn about Vieux-Nice from a professional local guide
- Get insider tips about where to shop and eat in NIce from your local guide
- Stop to taste some local delicacies recommended by your guide
- Immerse yourself in the maze of alleys and streets of Nice's old town
DescriptionExplore the heart and history of Nice on a guided walking tour of the Vieux district. Taste some local delicacies during the tour. Begins at the Nice seafront just next to Castle Hill. At this point your guide will provide an introduction to the Greek origins of Nice, the Italian reign over the city, and the English and Russian aristocratic influences. Get answers to questions such as how Nice got its name, the reason for its location, and much more. Enter old Nice by a historic door dating to one of the last Italian governors. Begin your walking tour and learn about the old homes of local nobility. See the most impressive monuments and Baroque churches, and visit the city’s most famous market. Follow your guide through the honeycomb of tiny streets of old Nice and hear about the history of the squares and the street names. Stop to taste local delicacies suggested by the guide. Upgrade your tour to include a visit to the Castle Hill Park. After exploring the colorful streets of Nice Old Town, go uphill to get to know the history of the Castle Hill park (using either the lift or stairs). Marvel at breathtaking panoramic rooftop views from this vantage point overlooking the waterfall, the ruins, the gardens, and the spectacular cemeteries.
IncludesLocal and professional tour guide Local food tasting Guided tour of Castle Hill (if option selected)
- You can dress however you like, although some churches may refuse entry if you're wearing sandals or a baseball cap