My Guide Website?
Nice's Old Town Highlights: A Self-Guided Audio Tour
Be enchanted by the stunning old town of Nice on a self-guided walking tour. Enjoy the magic of GPS playback while discovering the iconic Cathédrale Sainte-Réparate, Palais de Justice, and more.
- Make memories for a lifetime on an audio tour of the beautiful old town of Nice
- Uncover the secret spots like the tavern that inspired painter Raoul Dufy
- Visit the iconic Palais de la Prefecture, Opera House, and other buildings
- Walk down memory lane to see where executioners washed their hatchets
- Make use of the audio tour whenever you like with unlimited access to the app
DescriptionEnjoy the beautiful old town of Nice on a self-guided audio tour. You will receive the instructions on your voucher after booking. Visit the Palais de la Prefecture, Palais de Justice, and more with an audio guide at your own pace. Download the app and start your near the Opera House. You will see their administrative seat, the Senate, and the ducal residence, now the Palais de la Prefecture. Hear about the French Revolution of 1789, and other seminal events that changed the face of Vieux Nice. Marvel at the embellished churches in baroque style, Palais Lascaris, and the Cathédrale Sainte-Réparate. You will see the tavern which inspired painter Raoul Dufy, the buildings where Thomas Jefferson, Matisse, and Napoleon stayed, and the old Jewish quarter. You will walk up to the place where executioners washed their hatchets and know about the scandalous washerwoman who repelled a Turkish attack, the saints at the center of Nice’s spiritual life, and how Cours Saleya got its name. Soak in the vibrant atmosphere while listening to the history of the town. During the tour, choose to pause the app at any time to take a break or spend some more time seeing the sights. Delve deeper into Nice’s fascinating history, on this informative tour and discover the story of this beautiful city.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The redstart button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next You will need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English